Wicked!

So one of the only cool perks I have ever gotten from my job is getting free Wicked tickets! It was awesome. I was totally skeptical as I am with anything that could be cheesy, (like a musical) but it was honestly hilarious. I was resiting the Wicked bandwagon and how trendy the soundtrack has become, but now I can see why. It wasn't just some regular musical that kids giggle at, it was really clever. The only thing that made the experience not so enjoyable was the teenage girl singing to all the songs a row behind me! Are you kidding? And when she sat down she said, "Mom, I thought you said we had good tickets?" and the seats were honestly great. What a brat, what is our society coming to? I must admit that I think Utah does need a better theater for touring Broadway shows. The capitol theater is really nice, but the seats are so close to one another that my knees touched at 5' 8". Also they had eight bathrooms in the entire building, so there was a huge line. I don't know if a new theater would need to be 2,400 seats, or if Capitol or another theater could be renovated, but the show sold out and the managers said if Utah had a bigger stadium the show could have stayed longer.

Comments

mikeisha said…
Fun I am so jealous
kendal said…
Ooh, I saw Wicked in London last summer. It totally lives up to the hype. I love "Popular."
Masons said…
I want to see it SOOOO bad!

Popular Posts