Youth Conference

Matt and I got called to be in charge of Youth Conference this year and I have to say I think it was the most stressful thing I have ever done, but it was also really fun and rewarding.  We had 45 youth end up coming and about 15 leaders coming and going.  We played kickball, games, had speakers and classes on divine nature, friends, dating, decisions and then went boating at Jordanelle.  The theme was "Seek the Higher Ground" from the Mormon Message by Elder Cook and on the last day we went for a hike and the Young Women and Young Men's Presidents gave really good devotionals.

On Monday I was so worried because the weather looked really bad, the weatherman even said it was going to be monsoon season in July.  I started praying that there would be good weather, but then I also started solidifying Plan B's for everything that we were doing. I really think it is true that not only do you have to pray for things, but also do everything in your power to make them happen. It only rained a little during one of the speakers when most of the kids were under canopy, but the rest of the time we had fabulous weather.  It was crazy because as soon as Matt and I were done returning the porta-potties, yes porta-potties, speakers, tables and everything it started POURING! Its amazing the little tender mercies Heavenly Father gives us.

I was so stressed about logistics and making sure everyone had a good time and felt the spirit.  I have to say that our speakers did an amazing job and their were a bunch of youth who bore their testimonies on Sunday about how they were strengthened by Youth Conference.  I am so grateful everything went well, except for one thing ...

I may or may not have backed into a tree while we were up at the cabins ... in my in-law's Sequoia. I was backing down this steep gravel driveway and it is an older car and the breaks weren't holding very well so at the very end of the driveway I let off them a little and just the last couple feet of the driveway got me going way too fast.  I over-corrected on the narrow road and hit an aspen with the back right corner of the car. Luckily my in-laws are amazing and didn't care that much.

It was so funny, when I came back we had a bunch of lost and found items so I threw all the towels and sweatshirts in the washer.  Soon after I started hearing something banging around in the washer and I opened it to find a can of Pam! Woops, I guess I should have made sure it was just clothes.  Good thing it didn't explode or something.

Comments

Drea said…
Wow! That is a big job! Way to go!
Amy said…
I'm glad everything went so well!!!! I know you guys worked REALLY hard to bring it all together!!!!!!

Popular Posts