The Snowblower from Heaven

As most of you know I tore my ACL and MCL knee ligaments longboarding in 2005, but then last Thursday I was playing Volleyball and I dove for a ball, but I dove kind of sideways (hard to explain without showing) but my knee hyper-extended out to the side.  I heard a little pop and didn't think much of it, but it felt weird.  The next morning it was bad, so I went to the doc and sure enough, partial MCL tear again!

The reason for this post isn't to wallow, but to express gratitude for all the amazing people there are in this world. Maybe I am tainted because I work in the church office building, but people have been so nice, they open doors, they ask if they can help me, they hold the elevator, it has been so nice how many random strangers have asked about it and tell me they are sorry it happened.

Then on Sunday Matt and I woke up way late after three days of over sleeping from Thanksgiving and we were rushing around to get ready and straighten the house before people came for my Laurel presidency meeting. Then we realized that it has snowed a ton and Matt was finishing his lesson so I just thought I would shovel a quick path from the road to our door. I was in my skirt so I threw on tennis shoes and a big coat. I had just started when the man who was snow-blowing the neighbors yard came over and started to do our driveway just as my Young Women's President arrived!  I went over and thanked him and I kind of recognized him, but the neighbors didn't have any males under 40 so I asked them the next day who was snow-blowing their driveway and they said it was a guy in our ward who lives up on the next street that has done it for them for years.  I was blown away.  This guy not only snow blowed his own house, but theirs and ours that morning.  People are amazing and it just inspired me that I need to kick my service into high gear.

Comments

kendal said…
Hooray for nice people! I hope you're leg is feeling better. We need to catch up! Love you tons.
Troy said…
Hi Faroe,

Speaking of kind people, thank you for referring Anya's story to Matt and the Why I Believe program on the Mormon Channel. You may already know, but if you don't we were episode 31 that aired this past week.

What a wonderful blessing for us to have experienced God's hand in our lives and then be able to share it and our testimonies in such a way has bolstered our spirits and is just tremendous! My cup runeth over!

Hope your leg heals quickly!

Troy

Popular Posts