Are you sure?

Matt and I found out I was pregnant just before Christmas! I was actually a little scared about going on the Middle East trip because I thought I might get sick, and low and behold, the last six hours of the 16 hour flight there were awful and I was sick most of the trip. It was still an awesome trip, and if I would have known I would have been sick I definitely still would have gone, but man those middles eastern smells, like garbage, sewer, body odor, food, were really overwhelming.  After getting back I was still really sick and we found out why at our 8 week doctors appt...

Normally I actually have a really good memory and I remember details, names, what people wore, etc, to an almost creepy extent, but I forgot that my doctors appt was at ten, not nine like I had told Matt. He had scheduled an appointment with one of his biggest clients thinking he would have plenty of time to get there, but he came for a while then I told him he could go ahead and leave.

I am not really a big talker when it comes to discussing pregnancy and babies and breastfeeding etc.  Actually it even creeps me out to write the word on my blog, so I had no idea that they might do an ultrasound on the first visit.  I just thought they did some tests to make sure you were actually pregnant, gave you some tips and you were out the door.  So when I thought the appt was almost done I went ahead and told Matt he could go.  The doctor came back in said he was going to do an ultrasound and and asked me if my husband had left, I told him yes, whoops, but I thought, oh well, he can see the next one.  Then the doctor told me I was having twins! It was so funny the conversatiosn went something like this:

Your having twins!
Oh my gosh, are you sure?
Yes
Really?
Yep.
So how sure are you?
100%

I seriously couldn't believe it! He explained that twins means twice the hormones which is why I have been so sick.  So I am due Aug 22nd, but most twins average being born at 35 weeks which would be mid-July.  He printed out the ultrasound, I finished up at the doctors, then I took a picture of the ultrasound and texted it to Matt.  Then I called him I think 5 times in the next twenty minutes until he picked up.  He was driving and I asked him if he had looked at my text and he said he hadn't so I told him to pull over so he could look at it. And don't worry that at this point Matt is thinking our baby has down syndrome or something, so he pulls over and I say, "See those two big circles?" And he says, "No, are we having twins?!" I say yes and he was just completely dumbfounded like I was.

The funny thing is that Matt and I have wanted to have our kids close together, and we had joked about just having twins so I wouldn't have to be pregnant as much, but its so crazy, especially because twins don't really run in either of our families.  We both have some in the Pioneer era, but we really didn't think there was a chance we would have twins. Oh, and that chance by the way is 2.2%, only 2.2% of women have twins naturally.

Anyway, there is our big news! I am really excited and a little overwhelmed and this completely puts a MAJOR cramp in my Nursery Design Plan, but at least I get to put one of these signs in the back of my car! 

Comments

Jessica said…
Congrats!! We are so excited for you guys. I can't believe your going to catch up to us in the kid count in one try. I think I would have passed out if I found out I was having twins and to not even have Matt there oh man. I am so happy for you guys!
Jani said…
OH MY GOSH!!! Twins!!! Ah!!! How crazy/exiting. You are going to be great!
Masons said…
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy!
Drea said…
Faroe!!! That is SO exciting! Wow! I hope you're feeling well and can't wait to hear more. :)

Popular Posts