Waddily Big Foot

My awesome friend Melanie invited a bunch of us from our ward to go up snowshoeing in Little Cottonwood Canyon this Saturday.  I have to admit, I was a little skeptical because I thought it might be a little boring, especially compared to skiing or sledding, but I was wrong, it was so fun! We went up at night and it was just snowing a little and you could hear the river and there was powder and we had a blast. It was hard to get used to your feet being so big and I had to waddle even more than I do normally being pregnant (okay, I don't waddle that much yet, but a waddling pregnant snowshoer is kind of a funny image right?). The best part is that there were these boulders you could jump off of into the snow.  Don't worry, I didn't jump, but I did some awesome sliding, and it was fun to watch everyone else jump.  We hiked to this little spot where you can see the valley lights and drank hot chocolate and ate girl scout cookies, yum Samoas ... Here are some pics.

I definitely need to branch out and do more random things on the weekends. Any ideas?

Comments

Jani said…
Ah, it looks so fun! Wish we could have come.
WOW, so I just saw your previous post & had no idea you were prego!!! CONGRATS!!! I am so excited for you and hope you are feeling well!!!

Popular Posts