BCS Bowls

During the BYU TCU game, I first got angry, then I just got sad. By the end of the game I was pretty much curled up in a ball. There went our chance to break into a BCS bowl. Some say it could still happen, and I am here to examine the facts. There are five teams still undefeated in BCS conferences: Big 12 - Oklahoma St. Texas and Texas Tech Big 10 - Penn State SEC - Alabama And 4 in non-BCS conferences: Wac - Boise State Mid Amer - Ball State Conf USA - Tulsa Mtn West - Utah So, at the end of the season only one team from the Big 12 will be undefeated, and the 6 BCS conference winners go to bowls, leaving 2 teams from non-BCS that can break in. My bet is on Boise State going undefeated and then you look at the best one loss teams - either Oklahoma, LSU or Florida who could still be invited to BCS bowls. Then, after Utah losses to BYU, I don't know if either of them will be in contention. Long story short, no non-conference team will go to a BCS game this year unless they are undefeated. There are too many good football teams this year. So basically, I don't think BYU has a shot, even if they win against Utah. As much as I want BCS Bowl Presidents to look at a one loss BYU or Utah, they don't have hard enough schedules. But if Utah goes undefeated and Boise goes undefeated, they better both be in BCS bowls. If a non-BCS team is in the top 12, they are guaranteed a spot in a BCS bowl game. So at least one undefeated team will go.

Comments

mikeisha said…
Well I have no idea what it is you said. Sounds interesting though.
erin said…
I'm sorry...you mean When Utah goes undefeated, not if. :D Go Utes!

Popular Posts