Babies

So Matt and I have been married for over three years and I just have to say how funny I think it is when people ask us when we are having kids. Our families tease us a little bit, which is fine, but I am a little bit dumbfounded when people seriously ask us. 

What do people want you to say?

If we were trying then it would ruin the announcement when I really was pregnant (which I guess most people do). 

If we were trying and things weren't working out, that is none of their business.  And if that was the case, it would make me feel really bad to have people asking about it, especially when they joke about it.

Or what if I was actually pregnant, but wasn't ready to announce it yet because of the chance of a miscarriage?

The other answer would be that we are not trying. Maybe we haven't felt prompted to have kids yet, maybe we aren't ready yet emotionally, etc.  But those reasons don't need to be shared with others either.

So basically there is no good answer, right?

Comments

Unknown said…
right. which is why people shouldn't ask such questions!
Sarah said…
Exactly-which is why it is nobody's business but yours. I hate when people ask baby questions. It's horrible, and why do they care?! It drives me crazy. Even though I have kids I hate when people ask if we're having more, or when we're going to have more, etc. NO ONE'S business! So enjoy your kid free days and when you're ready to do it, good luck!
Amy said…
Just say you're practicing. "Tonight in fact." That should keep them quiet.
mikeisha said…
I think the best answer is none of your business. I sure hope you don't feel the pressre from us, and if you ever have then I apologize.

Popular Posts