Facebook No No's

1. Don't Post about your kids "poops" "blowouts," vomiting or other bodily functions.

"Little Johnny's blowout was crazy intense."

I know I'm not a Mom yet, and I might understand someday, but still .... its gross. What if I checked Facebook right before dinner? Really does all of Facebook have to know?

2. Don't post about how sore you are and how many millions of miles you ran.

It just seems too egotistical. I don't post when I decided not to eat chocolate cake or about how I am tan after a day at the pool and the same principle applies. What is the point except for tooting your own horn?

3. Don't post your undying love for your spouse publicly.

I think about the talk by Elder Bednar: "Sometimes in a sacrament meeting talk or testimony, we hear a statement like this: 'I know I do not tell my spouse often enough how much I love her. Today I want her, my children, and all of you to know that I love her.'
Such an expression of love may be appropriate. But when I hear a statement like this, I squirm and silently exclaim that the spouse and children should not be hearing this apparently rare and private communication in public at church! Hopefully the children hear love expressed and see love demonstrated between their parents in the regular routine of daily living."

4. Don't post completely abstract things.

"I'll walk across the landscape into another world, strange to me, new to me, and yet ... familiar in so many ways."


"I kept my secret because I was afraid. Now I'm only afraid that it's too late."


Are you just trying to get comments? Are you really trying to deeply express yourself in a Facebook status? I don't get it.
 
5. Don't post things for comments.

"The most horrible thing happened to me today."

Then everyone answers: "Oh, no, what happened, are you okay?" Then the person ends up telling everyone anyway about the boy who broke their heart/stupid boss etc.

p.s. I may have gotten a little caught up in being annoyed in this post. My apologies.

Comments

Drea said…
I love this post. :) Hope you're well Faroe! I'd still love to get together sometime. Also, I loved the quote by Elder Bednar. I've never heard it before.

Popular Posts