Washington D.C.


D.C. was amazing. We started out in Williamsburg and went to Yorktown, Jamestown, Monticello, Mt. Vernon and hit up Bush Gardens and Virginia Beach.  It was pretty funny because all 10 of us were piled in a van and we kept getting lost.  We were also dying of heat. The area was having a major heat wave and all the grass was yellow, plus the humidity.  I have to say my favorite part of the trip was walking around D.C. at night.  We went to the Jefferson, Lincoln, Washington and FDR Monuments and sat at the Lincoln monument for a while. I loved the FDR Memorial with all the quotes and waterfalls and stone, plus he has my initials!
We got a tour of the Capitol and went to Ford Theater and the top of the Washington Monument. I hadn't been to D.C. since I was about 12, so it was great to go through the museums and monuments and really appreciate them. It feels like you never have enough time and there is always more to do.  I could spend days and days just in the museums. Our friends Dave and Rashelle live in D.C and they were able to hang out with us a lot, which was so fun. It was a great trip and made me want to go to New York and Boston again.

Comments

Popular Posts