Donate to the Band?

Maybe its because I have been covering so many stories on the effects of the economy on shelters and food banks, but does anybody else think it is stupid that the U of U marching band has received over $85,000 in donations? They were invited to play at Obama's inauguration, but had to pay their own way, which would cost $150,000. In a week they received 85 K when shelters and food banks are struggling. I guess I am sounding like a crazy do-good liberal, but seriously, we are in a recession, people are struggling, and people are giving money to a marching band! In a good economy, sure I'd be fine with it, but at a time when donations to non-profits are at a standstill, it just doesn't seem right.

Comments

mikeisha said…
you sound like a social worker on a rampage, oh wait that's me. If you boycott all of Tom Cruise's movies then I'll really wonder if you're secretly a social worker inside. Good point!

Popular Posts