Bahamas!

So the next day after the race Matt and I headed off to the Bahamas! Matt has been in a insurance sales training program for a year and the top salesmen get to go on a Bahamas cruise for free. It was great we went from Miami to Nassau, where we walked around the town then snuck into the Atlantis Resort, which is really cool. They have an aquarium, great beaches, and amazing water slides.
The next day we went to Coco Cay which is the Royal Caribbean's private island thing which is kind of cheesy and touristy, but the beach was beautiful. I took my goggles and would dive down and look at the fish, then come back up for air. It was quite exhausting, but made me feel like I was a dolphin, and since I wanted to be a marine biologist growing up the trip was amazing.
The next day was Key West and it was raining pretty hard so Matt and I walked around town, got some amazing key lime pie, and went to the Aquarium where they had huge sea turtles which are Matt's favorite so we spent a while just watching them. We heard this story about how Key West became a rich city in the days of treasure hunting because the people would direct ships into the reef to crash so they could steal their treasure. The ship got into Miami at 9 in the morning and our flight didn't leave until three so Matt and I decided to go hang out at South Beach. But we didn't have anywhere to put our luggage so we drag it to the beach, only to find out that it was the gay section! So then we had to lug our luggage through the sand to the non-gay section. We were only there for about an hour and a half when this huge storm came up and we had to leave, but it was fun while it lasted. Here are some pics.

Comments

mikeisha said…
I love the Bahamas! So fun and lucky to go on the trip.
Emily said…
So fun...Congrats to mat!
Sarah said…
What a FUN trip! I'm so jealous.

Popular Posts