Wasatch Back

So these ladies in my ward called me last Thursday and said that one of their team members for the Wasatch Back Relay dropped out and asked if I could run in her place. We all know how much I obviously don't run, but I decided to do it anyway, but I really had no idea what I was getting into. It was a 12 person 188 mile relay race from Logan to Park City. I was crazy! But so much fun. I of course got to run the easiest legs, my first one was 5.1 miles and I was really proud of myself that I just ran the entire way. Then my next leg my IT band (the ligament on the outside of the leg from hip to knee) got really tight and by the end of the next 4.2 mile stretch at eight pm the same night it was really hurting. We slept from about midnight to four in the morning then got up and by then my knee was really tight and hurting so by the time I ran the next leg. I was seriously gimpy and one of the other runners ran the last 1.6 miles of that stretch. Anyway, it was really fun and a good experience. Here are some pictures of the team, called Tortuga after the place where pirates hang out.

Comments

Popular Posts