We Were Trying to Lay Low ...

We have been in our new ward since December and we were kind of liking the fact that we hadn't received a calling yet, then the storm hit. I got called as a Laurel Adviser, Matt was called to teach Sunday School for the 15-16 year-olds, we both were called to the Youth Conference Committee, and then we were asked to speak in sacrament. I guess you could say they found us. It has been awesome so far though, its amazing how many more people you meet once you have a calling and how much more you feel included in the ward. My Laurels are awesome! So Sunday was our talk and the Bishopric asked us to speak for 8-10 minutes each. So we get there and the third speaker must have canceled or something cause there was one youth speaker, then us. It was so funny, Matt and I were sitting on the stand scribbling on our papers, trying to think of more things to say. Don't worry that I wipped out an 18 minute talk and Matt spoke for 15 minutes. Amazing. Anyway, I also read this article in Time the other day that talks about The Church and Gay Marriage. It was actually pretty fair. The Church and Gay Marriage: Are Mormons Misunderstood?

Comments

Popular Posts