I Got a Job! (kinda)

So I applied at the Deseret News as a reporter, and they had 250 people apply from all over the nation, some with 8 or 9 years experience, so I didn't get that job, but I met with the Editor and he said that he liked my samples and since I haven't done newspaper before he wanted to train me and see if something could work out. So I am working part-time for them until December. Well see how it goes, I am hoping it gets me a foot in the door, but now I have to try and find another part-time job, which could be even harder. Anyhoo, here is a link to my first story.

Comments

Drea said…
Congrats Faroe! That's so exciting. Good luck!
Amy Tenney said…
COngrats! I'm excited that you got it. Can you do ski instructor part time now too?
kendal said…
Hooray!! You sure are racking up the experience. Maybe one day you'll run your own multimedia news conglomerate.
mikeisha said…
Well something is better than nothing. I hope it works out well.

Popular Posts