Two Months

The twins are now two months old and I actually have started getting some sleep, hence the return to blogging. They have been sleeping about 6-7 hours straight now and its amazing the difference I feel.  When they were eating every three hours I would only get two hours of sleep straight and I seriously felt like a zombie.  I worked the graveyard shift a few years ago and I would work 11pm to 7am then sleep from 8am to 5pm and I think I have felt way more dysfunctional and tired these last two months.  I didn't realize how much your body needs REM sleep.
I'm not sure quite what to say about having twins. Overall, it hasn't been as bad as people said it would be.  A lot of people said it would just be miserable for the first few months, and its been hard, but you just love them so much that changing or feeding them in the middle of the night isn't as bad as I thought. Granted in the middle of the night when one is scream-balling while I am changing him and the other is scream-balling I have to really take deep breaths to not want to pull my hair out.  I guess I needed to have twins to develop more patience. Its funny though how when they both cry at the same time during the day I almost laugh.  Its crazy how frustrating something can be in the middle of the night when the same thing makes you laugh the next morning.
At first I was nursing them one at a time unless someone was there to help me, but now I have figured out how to feed both of them by myself and that has saved me a lot of time. Also, I'm not sure how I would live without the baby swings, the swaddle me's and my awesome jogging stroller my parents got me.  For the most part the boys are actually really good babies.  Except for the occasional tummy/gas problems, they really only cry when they are hungry or need to be changed.
It is weird to be home so much and be able to be in PJs all day and I miss working sometimes.  I have gone a few places, but its just so much effort to go somewhere that I would rather be a little bored at home or just go for a walk with them.  I went to the grocery store for the first time with them and of course it started raining right when we were leaving. So I am taking Dean out of the car seat into the carrier while trying to hold an umbrella, then getting Kaiden in his car seat into the grocery cart, it was quite the production.  Then I get all these weird looks because the car seat I found out really doesn't leave much room and I am stuffing food in around it, hoping it doesn't fall in on Kaiden. It was pretty funny.  Is it bad that I just pulled the cover over the car seat so Kaiden was a little hidden so people would just think I was weird was carrying one baby and had his car seat too, instead of answering all the questions about twins?  I don't know why I really don't like talking to strangers.  Especially when they come up to you and stick their heads five inches from the kids faces and say, "Twins! God Bless you, God bless you," and then walk away. 
We are crazy and took the twins to California when they were a month old. Matt's whole family was going for the USC game and they really wanted us to come so we went.  It really wasn't as stressful as I thought it would be.  We did get to the airport late and then somehow Matt's brother ended up with his ID after curbside check in, so I had to go through security without Matt, hoping he could find his ID and get on the flight. My parents ended up coming with us as well and everyone was so helpful.  My two sister-in-laws even watched the boys so I could go to the USC game! They are awesome.  Its kind of nice that the twins don't have two many other cousins right now cause they get lots of attention.  We put a pack n play in our room, but I kept waking up with every little coo so we put them in the shower! The next night was much better. We went to the beach and it was kind of cold and windy, but Matt insisted on giving the twins a little dip in the ocean, so he dipped their feet in.  It was pretty funny.
Anyway, things are great and I think I am getting the hang of this whole Mommy thing.


Comments

Sarah said…
I love reading about all of your twin adventures. I think you are awesome to nurse, I'm sure that was rough at first, especially since you had never done it before! Even though I absolutely love babies, I purposefully never go up to someone with twins because I'm sure all the moms of twins feel the same way you do. Seriously people, leave the twin moms alone, haha :)

Popular Posts