The Boys


I finally feel like I have time to blog again! I guess I will just start from the beginning.  I had a scheduled C-section cause they were both breach and it was kind of weird to just have it scheduled and know the night before that you are having the babies the next day. It was just like Christmas and of course I couldn't sleep, then we had to be there at 5 in the morning so I was really tired just going into it. The one bright spot of the morning was that Matt's decans brought him over an amazing waffle breakfast at four thirty in the morning! They are such amazing young men.  But I couldn't eat it ... stupid surgery rules.  I thought a C-section would be no problem, but it was actually kind of scary.  I started shaking quite a bit, which they said was normal, but I also just felt really out of it, I can't explain it.  Its weird too cause you can't feel pain but you can feel pressure.  I don't know if this happened to anyone else, but I didn't have a "I'm a Mommy" moment when they first showed me the kids.  They were gooey at first, but then I was still kind of shaking and feeling weird and numb so I didn't feel comfortable holding them right away.  It just took a day or so for it to set in.  And it was actually hard to hold them for a while because you can't put them across your stomach cause it hurts.  It was funny though, when Kaiden came out, he grabbed the nurses mask and wouldn't let go!  I was actually really grateful that I had to be in the hospital for 5 days because having the boys in the nursery between feedings really helped.  But Dean had to be under the lights for Jaundice and I think the nurses got him addicted to his binkie because he can't do without it and Kaiden could care less most of the time.  Dean will seriously start throwing limbs and going crazy if it falls out for one second.  Its amazing how different they are.  Kaiden is a chill angel baby and just kind of starts grunting and fussing for about ten minutes when he wants something but Dean will just freak out.  He will be sound asleep and then just start wailing. Its pretty funny.  I guess that is all for now, but more to come. 

Comments

Sarah said…
I didn't know you'd had a c-section. I've heard they are rough. I know I've told you this, but congrats again! Your babies are just too too cute :)
Congrats Faroe (and Matt)! So happy for your cute little family.
-Jannifer

Popular Posts