They kicked me out?

So I walk into work last Wednesday and there is a huge bouquet of flowers sitting on my desk. I got excited for a minute thinking they were from Matt, but then I open the card and they are from my boss at the Church thanking me for being a good assistant. I thought, what a nice gesture, but weird cause I am not supposed to leave till next Wednesday. I go throughout the day thinking, well maybe he just did it early for some reason. Then people start asking if they are from my husband and is it my birthday and everything, and it was awkward for 2 reasons, one cause I hadn't told a lot of people I was leaving yet, and two you can imagine how awkward it is to tell everyone you got flowers from your boss, they would give you that look, then I would explain that I was leaving next week. People would even walk by and say, "Oh, those better be from your husband, then I would say they were from my boss, I had a little fun with it I had to admit. So then at the end of the day my boss is walking out and says, "Well, I hate goodbye's, good luck at your new job." It was so fast I didn't know what to say or do, and I didn't want to embarrass him after the flowers and everything, and then I thought that a week of afternoons off wouldn't be so bad if I couldn't start early at the radio station. So I stayed late packed up all my stuff and that was my last day. It was so weird, it was like a break-up out of no where, I felt like I needed closure. The weirdest thing is that my boss wanted me to give him as much notice as possible, so I gave him almost three weeks, then he didn't even keep track of the date. Crazy.

Comments

Popular Posts