Doughnut Nazi

So, I'm having a kind of bad day, and I am running from my part-time job at the radio station to the Church office building and I look down and realize that my gas light is on. So I decided to go get some gas. Now with two part-time jobs I hardly ever have time for lunch, and usually bring a yogurt, apples or cereal from home (don't worry I get made fun of for the cereal, especially when I pour it and the whole office can hear not to mention the wonderful crunching of Oh's). But alas, today I had brought not yogurt or apples, or cereal, so as I was filling up I went into the gas station to grab something cause I was starving. Bad idea. Basically the choices were a gross soggy chicken salad sandwich, burritos sure to make you sick the rest of the day, and then a hole bunch of junk food. Just as I am thinking, why in the world did I think I could find any sort of a lunch at a gas station, I see them, glimmering by the check-out counter. That's right, Krispy Kreme doughnuts. But I thought, I shouldn't get a doughnut, so instead I went over and found a granola bar. But then the doughnuts beckoned once again and I gave in. Junk food is one thing, but baked goods are quite another. So I go over and as I put down the doughnut to check out, the skinny middle-aged gas station attendant says, "doughnut huh?" in a tone. I reply casually, yeah, couldn't find much else, laughing it off. Then as I put down the granola bar he says, "well, at least you got something healthy." Are you kidding me? The gas station attendant is giving me crap about getting a doughnut? What is the world coming to? I can get a freaking doughnut if I want to, and I should be able to do it without being judged. The fat kid strikes again. And if you don't know what a fat kid is, click here to read a past blog explaining it.

Comments

kendal said…
Don't let them judge you Faroe. Besides you're so dang skinny these days that the doughnut won't do a thing to you!! I think I want everyone to email me old fat kid quotes so I can have a running list.
erin said…
Us fat kids have to stick together. I hope it was the best Krispy Kream you have ever had. I admire the energy to resist. It certainly looks good on a Friday morning. :)
mikeisha said…
I know the feeling of running from place to place and desperately looking for a lunch. These days I am just looking for my stolen utensils so I can eat what I brought.

Popular Posts