VP Pick

When I first heard that Sarah Palin, (wait who?) was the VP choice I thought wow, they just want to counter-act Obama possibly being the first African American, with having a woman on the ticket. I now realize that she does have some qualities that add to the ticket, she is non-Washington, she is experienced in energy and oil, she is very conservative, and she has an administrative background. I do like that she seems like she could be your neighbor and has a humbleness about her, but I don't want my neighbor running the country. Even with those qualities, what were they thinking? The decision raises more questions about McCain that answers. McCain has said that the most important consideration in the VP spot is can they take over if something were to happen, which it likely could. I certainly don't think a woman with just 2 years under her belt as Governor of a state with 700,000 people (close to the population of Salt Lake) is ready to lead a nation. That is saying that half the mayors across the U.S. are qualified to be President. Oh, and the funniest thing, when they were talking about her lack of international experience, the commentator on CNN starts talking about how she is qualified because she is going to have a son in Iraq. Did you here that she didn't even have a passport until like a year ago? As for her daughter being pregnant, I don't understand why people are saying it shouldn't be an issue. I realize that the press shouldn't involve children in campaigns, but I think that means slandering the children and talking about them negatively. The fact that Sarah Palin raised a child that got pregnant at age 17 should be able to be discussed.

Comments

KD said…
You are really judging her daughter's personal morals and how her daughter applied them. Judging a parent on the child's behavior at age 17 is a little ridiculous. Individuals have their own choices. Her daughter is not running for VP.
kendal said…
I'm with Karina on this, considering how many kids I know that acted in complete opposition to what they were taught at home. You're totally right about this raising more questions about McCain though. I just can't believe they claim a complete vetting process and then every day there's something new. Hooray for Faroe blogging about politics, I like it.
Erin said…
I also like your political blogging:) I am glad you found my blog, so I could remember to look yours up and add it to my list! Call anytime:)

Popular Posts