Being a Homeowner Is Awesome, but a lot of Work

I love our house! For a while there I felt like every spare second I had was spent organizing or fixing something, but now that everything is settled it is just amazing. I have been a little late to work, partly because of the commute, also because I just wake-up and kind of walk around and look out the windows, it is great! Then its just the little things that make me happy, like that I can find food in the new fridge and how I actually want to cook more, and how laundry sounds fun because of the new washer and dryer. When people told me owning a house was a lot of work I kind of brushed it off thinking, oh, well how hard can it be? But let me just list the things we needed to fix: the water heater, both oven's, the downstairs dishwasher, my closet, rip up the furnace room carpet and put in a light, new smoke detectors, a doorbell for downstairs, new light fixtures, new toilet paper holder, two new toilet seats ... I think that is it. Crazy, I swear I have been to Home Depot half a dozen times. Matt has been a trooper morphing into Mr Handyman and shoveling a ton this week. Then after that we had to decorate for Christmas! My parents gave us some older big colored lights, and I was carrying them from the garage to the front porch and I totally biffed it on the ice and broke most of them! We still had enough, but what luck. Oh, and don't worry that we moved in on the 4th and I passed our house the other day.

Comments

Erin said…
Tell me aboout it. I feel like I have spent more time at Home Depot and Lowes than I have spent doing anything else in life over the last month:) Good job for being moved in already, we are still working on our boxes!!
Amy said…
hahaha! Way to be domestiC!
kendal said…
Faroe the homemaker!!! I love it. I'm coming up for a Utah trip in January before school starts. I want to see you guys!!!

Popular Posts