Mormon Channel Highlights

I think you all know how much I love my job. It is amazing. I get to walk by the temple every morning and today I saw a missionary couple praying in their car before going in. For those of you who may not know exactly what I do, I produce programs for The Mormon Channel, record voice-overs and interview people. The two programs I am in charge of are Why I Believe, where we talk to converts of the church or people who have a testimony building experience about a certain gospel principle. I also produce a show called Into All the World which talks to Stake and Mission Presidents about church growth and missionary work around the world. When I say produce that means finding guests, writing scripts and coordinating the show from start to finish. I also do a show called Classic Conference Talks where I search through old talks and find good ones and then record a beginning and end. Its pretty cool that I get paid to read and find good conference talks from the 70s and 80s. Here are some links to my favorite episodes so far.
Why I Believe Alex Boye
- Grew up in London, parents from Nigeria, converted while working at McDonalds, got disowned, joined a boy band, quit because they wanted him to swear, moved to Utah, joined the MoTab and got married. Very charismatic, almost like a Baptist preacher.
Why I Believe in the Sabbath Day
- Four BYU Womens Rugby players talk about giving up the National Championship because they would have to play on Sunday. They focus on standards and how to make and keep them. Great episode for youth.
Into All the World Cambodia
- The Winegars talk about their mission to Cambodia and the interesting cultural challenges the missionaries face.
Conversations Gary Ceran
- A terrible traffic accident took the lives of his wife and two of his children on Christmas Eve. He talks about forgiving the other driver and dealing with tragedy. Very touching episode, listen with Kleenex handy.
Conversations with Elder and Sister Oaks
- I love Elder Oaks and it is so interesting to hear these personal interviews with Apostles. Kristen, his wife talks about marrying for the first time later in life.
P.S. If you right click on Listen to Episode you can save target as and save it as an Mp3 and put it on your iPod.

Comments

Troy said…
This comment has been removed by the author.

Popular Posts