Michael Jackson

I wrote this post a while ago, but Matt, being the Micheal Jackson fan that he is said it was too harsh, so I took it down, but after the topic being brought up with a few friends of ours the other night, I re-wrote it and I want to hear what people think.
We all can admit that Michael Jackson is probably the most innovative, amazing dancer in the world, and he has a great voice, but I guess I am struggling with everyone celebrating his life like he was the most amazing person ever. Granted he was never convicted of anything, but have you seen that clip of him saying that there is nothing wrong with him sharing a bed at age forty with an unrelated 12-year-old boy? Matt is a hard core Micheal Jackson fan and we were debating whether his contribution of great music overshadows the shady things he may have done. He may have made people happy with his songs, but I don't think that makes up for the weird things he may have done with boys. Although I like his music, he just creeps me out. He did give a lot of money to different charities, and I know he has a lot that he has had to deal with being a child star and the abuse of his dad, but does that justify his crazy behavior? What do you think?

Comments

Emily said…
DIDO!
mikeisha said…
Mike and I have been debating about this too. I saw this commercial that said M.J. had the whitest heart of anyone and I almost died! Well just because someone is famous and because they can sing does not make them a saint. He will be Judged by God just as we all will. So, I say I don't personally think he seemed all that great as a person and I don't think he should be so gloriously worshipped, but what do I know.
Amy said…
I'm with you. Musical genius? Yes. Creative? Yes. Unstable, unhealthy and creepy? Yes. Not to be worshiped. Not by me anyway.

Popular Posts