Summer Project Done!

Our summer project was to refinish our deck, which I don't think had been touched for 15 years since the house was built. At first I wanted to sand the entire thing so that we could stain it because I love the look of natural wood, but we couldn't get the paint off. We first rented an industrial sander from Home Depot, and then we did the rest by hand. The problem was that the wood was so worn that it had grooves in it that you couldn't sand very well. It was kind of sad, but I think the brown paint ended up looking really good. The only bad thing was our renters having to put up with all the sawdust and tarps for painting, thanks Dan and Cassie! And thanks to my wonderful parents who came and helped paint.

Comments

Amy said…
It looks....ATTRACTIVE! :) Seriously though, nice job! I still need to see it in person of course.
kendal said…
It looks awesome!!!! ugh, if only the semester hadn't just started I would come and see it for myself. Maybe a rondeveaux (sp?) in Arizona is in order soon?

Popular Posts