Grand Canyon & Saint George

The Decker clan finally went on a vacation together! We went down to St. George and then to the Grand Canyon. It was so fun! We played a ton of tennis, did some serious lounging by the pool, and biked and hiked in Snow Canyon. Then we rented a sick boat and went boating two of the days. The wake was huge and we did a bunch of wakesurfing. Then we went down to the Grand Canyon. I called the Lodge that is right on the North Rim of the Canyon and they magically had a cancellation when you normally have to make a reservation two years in advance, so we got to stay right on the rim. I can't believe I have lived 6 hours away from the Grand Canyon and had never been there. Oh, and don't worry that on our way my Dad drove us through Colorado City. It was really sad, all the polygamist women were stnading in line with boxes for food. I'm not sure how that worked, but it was sad. When we first arrived at the Canyon it was a major downpour and we were afraid we weren't going to be able to see anything, but that evening it cleared up so we got some great pics of the sunset with the clouds. It was pretty cold though, most people don't know that the rim is at about 9000 ft, which is the base of Snowbird. There are tall pines and it looks just like Yellowstone. Anyway, If you haven't gone, go, it is breath taking.

Comments

Amy Tenney said…
Sweet! It is so gorgeous there. I need to go back. Was it cold there? You guys are in sweaters? I can't even imagine needing a sweater ever again in my life. :)
Tours4Fun said…
You guys have some beautiful photography... you should enter a photo!

http://www.tours4fun.com/contest/summer-travel-photo-2009/
so how do you know Jen & Tim? Small world I guess. We owe you guys BIG TIME for watching our house while we were gone - I need to know where you guys like to eat!!!

Popular Posts