Stories From Our Callings

Our ward had youth conference at Camp Williams, which is a Army training base. It was really cool, we went rappelling and did an obstacle course and one of the nights we had a dance with another stake and some of the priests were hanging out outside the dance being too cool and one of the leaders from the other stake who was a big burly guy with a go-tee comes out of the dance and yells to the priests, " either you guys get in here and ask girls to dance or your dancing with me." And all the priests ran inside, it was hilarious!
Then Matt was giving his Sunday School Lesson to the 14-15 yr olds and he was talking about how he and I had just watched special on WWII on a Saturday night (it related somehow I promise). Then at the end of the lesson he asked one of the kids to pray and he prayed that Matt would take his wife out on a Saturday night!
Also, my young women are seriously awesome. They know so much about the gospel and they are such good examples to me and I actually sometimes say things that get me in trouble. For example, one of the girls was talking about a guy at EFY who was hitting on her and he was almost nineteen and I said, "Isn't he a little old to be going to EFY?" and one of the other girls said something like they wanted to go to EFY as long as they possible because it is so amazing. Oops, put in my place again. Anyway, I thought those were funny.

Comments

Amy said…
Please bless Matt to take his wife out on Saturday. That's hilarious! I am actually laughing out loud by myself.
Emily said…
Hey...you were at chris' work and 8 minutes from my house. So how did you like BFE?

Popular Posts