Draper Temple Dedication

Even though the Draper Temple was just dedicated this weekend it has already been so cool to have it right by our new house. Sometimes when I have been coming home I have looked up at it lit up on the hill and it just brings a sense of peace and calm into my usually exhausting day. Matt and I volunteered for the Open House and again for the Dedication and we didn't have tickets for the dedication in the actual temple, but we ended up getting in and we were sitting right by the baptismal font. I'm sure many of you watched it, but President Monson's promise that regular temple attendance would help us be more spiritually aware and be able to keep the commandments better really made me want to go more often. He also spoke of the sacrifice of people who have to save up and go to the temple, when Matt and I could walk there. Its crazy how blessed we are, and also also that being close to a temple makes me feel an increased responsibility to go. I also thought it was interesting that President Monson talked about people trying to desecrate the temple and its importance. The Church came out with a YouTube video on the importance and sacredness of temples right when the Big Love episode was going to air. Click here to view it. I wonder how many of the 75,000 hits are actually people whose perspectives might have been changed by it. Probably not a lot. It was funny, during Sunday School the teacher was talking about the Open House and what a great blessing it was and how many of us who didn't take a non-member should have. She said, "When is the next time we are going to have an Temple Open House in Utah?" and it was funny because everyone answered that there would be one in July for the Oquirrh Temple. Crazy. I also had an interesting conversation with my boss. He said temple ceremonies weren't necessary because when Chirst came he got rid of rituals. I answered that Christ got rid of hypocritical ceremonies and animal sacrifices, not all rituals, stating how Christ showed the Apostles how to partake of the sacrament. He seemed to agree with what I said, but who knows. Anyway, Temples are awesome.

Comments

mikeisha said…
Faroe, you have a great gift for expressing your thoughts and for putting things into perspective. You are very talented. I really appreciated reading this. Thanks
Meisha

Popular Posts