Immigration

The legislative session is over now, so hopefully I won't post two many more long rants, but I have to touch on a few issues. The first is immigration. I must preface my comments with this: I am sympathetic to the lose-lose situation that Mexican Immigrants face. They can't get good jobs in their own country, so they are almost forced to sneak into America. Having said that, I feel that too many people are condoning the illegal acts that come along with it. If you think about it, if you come here illegally, you are either forging documents or stealing someone's identity to work, which is a felony I might add, or you are being paid under the table, depriving the country of much needed tax dollars. If an illegal immigrant doesn't work, then they are most likely involved in criminal activity in order to make money. Why is the Utah legislature passing legislation allowing illegal immigrants to get in-state tuition, when legal citizens from neighboring states can't? Why are they arguing that legal immigrants should be immediately able to get on state welfare programs, without a wait period? I'm not saying I have a solution to the whole problem, but why is Utah becoming a sanctuary state? Legislators did vote for a strike force to combat crimes associated with illegal immigration, but then some legislators were concerned that they would crack down on employers who have illegal immigrant employees. Why shouldn't we crack down on them? Like I said, they are either stealing ID's or being paid under the table.

Comments

Popular Posts