Guns

I promise I am almost done ranting, but the other issue in gun control. The Utah legislature actually lessened restrictions on guns this session, allowing a loaded gun to be concealed, and for a gun to be taken to and from work, and even those were a fight. I don't understand the government's stance on guns. Why limit where and when a regular citizen has a gun when the real problem is with criminals. Criminals aren't going to obey the laws anyway, so why regulate citizen's use. The more citizens that have guns, the more intimidated a criminal will be to go into a store and hold it up. If a gun doesn't give a criminal power because others have guns, then crimes are less likely to happen. When Matt and I went to Israel there were tons of Israeli citizens who were in the Army walking around with huge machine guns. At first it was a little scary, but after a while it made me feel really safe. If the guns are in the hands of the right people it is a safety measure, not a threat. I feel the issue needs to be addressed by more detailed background checks for people wanting a gun, and limits on who can have one after committing a crime, but the criminals who want one are still going to get a gun. That is why our second amendment rights shouldn't be as limited. Why do you think the expression exists, "its like bringing a knife to a gun fight."

Comments

Sarah said…
I love reading all of your political views, mostly because I agree with them!
mikeisha said…
Nicely put, Mike has been trying to explain to me but I neer got it until now.

Popular Posts