25, really?

25 is a doosy. Don't get me wrong, I had an amazing B-day weekend. Matt took me to The Paris restaurant, I had to hula hoop at Joe's Crab Shack, and my family made me a yummy Sunday dinner, but Sunday night I could help but feel ... OLD. But in a sense that I didn't expect. My family and I were talking about skiing and what vacations we wanted to take this year and I just realized that I will never not have responsibilities. Lame! I have a full-time job that I will probably keep until we want to have kids. I will never get to just gallivant around, and travel for a month, or ski on a weekday. I feel like I can't daydream anymore. We went to go see the Warren Miller ski film and every time I see one I think, "I could do that, I could enter into a backcountry competition" but this time I couldn't, cause I realistically I don't have enough time. I know I'm being a drama queen, but I think you get the point.

Comments

Faroe,
Hey, its Michelle (Cousin) I hope you don't mind if I add your blog to my site. I found it while reading Meishas blog. You and Matt are such a cute couple. I love reading up on family's lives. About the age thing....I sort of envy sometime the freedom that you guys still have. Just imagine yourself in my place...26 with two kids and working from home. But, my kids are my life...I wouldn't change that. Maybe just a break every once in a while. Hugs to you and Matt.

Popular Posts