Are People Becoming Too Lazy For Their Kids?

With Christmas around the corner, I have seen a lot of commercials for toys for kids, and I have been a little appalled at some of them. For example, there is a book with a special pen that let's kids click on a word and it says it for them. Have people become so uninvolved that they can't read to their kids, they have to get a pen to do it? My sister Karina, who has a nine month old says I should wait until I have kids and see how it is, that its hard enough to keep kids happy all the time, let alone be teaching them and interacting with them all the time. She probably has a point, but look at what is happening with teenagers playing XBOX all day and texting, missing out on learning important social skills.

Comments

Emily said…
Look at my husband...he STILL plays the xbox, like he just got it yesterday! UGH! His one flaw!!! I don't think AnaLea will ever have one. Kids don't know how to go out side and play any more. And thier imagination, none existant!

Popular Posts